Pathway to get Australian PR with 50 points
Queensland offers 491 Small Business Owners visa to entrepreneurs at a minimum of 50 points.
Below are the options which offer a pathway to Australian PR to those who have an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Queensland nominates business migrants in industries that are in demand.
- 491 Small Business Owners visa requires a minimum investment of 100,000 dollars.
- This pathway is only available to onshore applicants only.
491 visa Small Business Stream visa is an excellent opportunity as it is offered at a minimum of 50 points with no occupation limits. It was launched in December last year. As six months running business is required, if anyone would have bought a business they would be eligible now.”
According to BSMQ, Queensland nominates business migrants in industries that are in demand, for both provisional visas and permanent residency, which allows you to invest or set up a business in Queensland.
According to Migration Queensland, applicants must meet these requirements to be eligible for 491 Small Business Owners visa, such as:
- This pathway is only available to onshore applicants.
- You need to have been living in a regional area for at least six months before lodging an EOI. The regional area in Queensland includes locations outside of Brisbane
- The Business value should be a minimum of $100,000 when you purchase the Buisness.
- A start-up business is not an eligible business for this pathway, and the applicant must buy an existing business.
- This business need not be in the occupation of your skill assessment. For example, an IT professional can buy a restaurant, or an accountant can buy a fast-food franchise.
- In that business you should have one Australian employee. They must be an Australian resident. They also need to be working a minimum of 20 hours a week. And make sure the person should not be a family member or a subcontractor.
- The applicant should have 100% ownership of the business (partnerships or joint ventures not eligible)
The applicant must be in Queensland, buy a business, run it for six months and get two BAS statements ready. And then he/she can apply for this visa. The processing time is approximately for ten days.